The changing face of Thundersley Village

No.57 Hart Road

By Ian Hawks

In 1986 demolition started on the offices and yard of local builder C. W. Wiggins which included a mini industrial estate.

The old barn and farmhouse which was part of Raymond’s farm on this site in the late 1890's were also demolished.

The land was then taken over by BUPA for the building of a nursing home, Godden Lodge.

Photo:Wiggins Offices, 1960s

Wiggins Offices, 1960s

Ian Hawks

Photo:Yard entrance

Yard entrance

Ian Hawks

Photo:Old Raymonds farm house

Old Raymonds farm house

Ian Hawks

Photo:Wiggins yard showing farm barn

Wiggins yard showing farm barn

Ian Hawks

Photo:Demolition of building 1986

Demolition of building 1986

Ian Hawks

Photo:Godden Lodge,1997

Godden Lodge,1997

Ian Hawks

This page was added by Ian Hawks on 24/07/2011.