Are you a community or family archivist who would like friendly guidance and support? The new web resource created by archive professionals at Gloucestershire Archives could be just what you‘re looking for.
There is an on-line resource at the “Heritage Hub online training” button on the front page of the Gloucestershire Heritage Hub website
This online training covers aspects of collection care, collections management, digital preservation and oral history interviewing. It will help with:
- choices on storage and packaging,
- how to organise and catalogue your items,
- what to cover when taking in new material for your archive,
- non-technical advice on how to keep digital records safe into the future,
- how to capture memories as spoken histories,
- copyright and data protection; and much, much more.
Each section ends by flagging up other sources of information which will help you explore topics in more detail.