Old St. Peter's Church, Thundersley
In 1885, Rector William Wordsworth Talfourd, rebuilt and extended the 12th Century chancel. This was the first time that St. Peter’s structure was changed since it was burnt down in 1215. He used pine for the roof timber and replaced the three rectangular east windows, of non descriptive glass, with the beautiful East Window in memory of his father.
In 1966, St. Peter’s Church 1885 chancel was replaced with the 1966 extension and left very little of the old chancel. However, these three images allow us to see how small and intimate St. Peter’s Church, Thundersley was over 50 years ago.
Image already added